Markinch and Thornton Parish Church of Scotland
This is a recently formed Union between Markinch Parish Church and Thornton Parish Church.
Markinch went into a period of vacancy in January of this year following the retiral of their minister after twelve years’ service. Thornton had been linked with Viewforth Church, Kirkcaldy but that union was dissolved in 2012 and the church went under the guardianship of Kirkcaldy Presbytery.
It is appropriate that these two adjoining parishes now form a two building union, as the church in Thornton was originally opened in 1835 as a chapel of ease for Markinch Parish Church.
We have now been given leave to call a minister on an unrestricted tenure. We are looking for an approachable and energetic minister who will:
· Lead, inspire and encourage all, both in faith and in everyday life. He or she should be actively
engaged in the expanding local community.
· Add to and strengthen the bond already evident in the new united church
· Relate to all ages through effective communication.
· Give pastoral care with warmth, empathy and spiritual understanding.
Our minister should be flexible, creative, dynamic and forward looking.
Any minister interested in this post can download a copy of the parish profile from HERE and should register their interest with the Clerk to the Nominating Committee.